Tuesday, June 14, 2011

X Men: First Class review


X-Men: First Class is a 2011 American superhero film directed by Matthew Vaughn. Based on the characters appearing in Marvel Comics, it is a prequel to the X-Men film series. X-Men: First Class was released June 1, 2011 in the UK and on June 3 in the US.

The film is set primarily in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis and focuses on the relationship between Professor X and Magneto and the origin of their groups, the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants. The film stars James McAvoy as Professor X and Michael Fassbender as Magneto. Other cast members include Kevin Bacon, January Jones, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence, Zoë Kravitz, Nicholas Hoult and Lucas Till. The film was mostly shot in England and parts of the United States.
Source from Wiki


This movie exceeded my expectation so much that I feel the need to blog it!

A little fact about me and my movies: Firstly, I had no interests in X Men at all or as the matter of fact I had no interest in any marvel heros. Secondly, I totally hate watching action blockbuster movies simply because they never fail to put me asleep. Lastly, I only watch action movies when my brothers wants to watch it and being a LOVING SISTER *ahem* it's hard for me to say 'No'.

So from the facts above, you figures the reason why I watched the X Men: First Class. Jackie (one of my younger brothers) and I watched the show 2 nights ago, we brought the midnight 2:30am show because all the tickets are selling like crazy and I figure that 2:30am will be just right for me to fall asleep in the theatre.

But but but... to my surprise not only did I stay awake through the whole show, I also love it!! This show is not the kind of action movies that go wooha on the CGs and action plot and forgets about the storyline (which is why I hate action or heavily CG movies. This actually had a very solid storyline which make you invovle emotionally. Not only will you see amazing CG effects and fantasy action pack scenes, you will also see the emotional factors of it. The struggle between humans and mutants, mutants and mutants. The friendship behind the enemy and the determination in Professor X's belief.

This show will really blow you away and I'm not even paid to say this!!

People go watch it if you haven't, I demand!! (LOL)

1 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

will find time to watch it, since u demand it :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...