Friday, November 11, 2011

Footloose Movie Review

One of my favourite type of movie are dance movies. I mean come on who don't love dance movies? It's light-hearted and fun to watch and there will always be cute dude and hot girls in it.


With that being said, you know that I will most definitely want to watch Footloose and I was given a pair of tickets by Nuffnang to do so. Thanks Nuffnang!

Can you imagine dancing being ban in Singapore? What? Are you crazy? But wait, there's more.... Playing music too loud might just earn you a "speeding ticket"? That's what happened in Bomont after a tragic accident that involves the death of Reverend Shaw Moore's (by Dennis Quaid) son.


That's was until Ren MacCormack (played by newcomer Kenny Wormald) a city boy from Boston moved to Bomont. He decided to challenge the ridiculous rules and end up falling in love with the Reverend's daughter, Ariel (by Julianne Hough).

It seems that many of people are saying that the newcomer Kenny Wormald who played Ren MacCormack is not good looking and his acting skills are not that good blah and blah and blah. However I do think he looks pretty cute although I would have to agree that his acting wasn't as connecting.


I have to say I especially love this dance scene in this country bar because Julianne Hough looks so HOT!! I'll kill to have her body!


But the character that I love most have got to be Willard (played by Miles Teller), he is hilarious. A guy who can't dance without stepping on his own feet actually started learning to support his friend, Ren's efforts to regain the town's dancing rights. This shows that everything is possible when you put your heart and soul into it!

Unlike other dance movies like Dirty Dancing, Take the lead and Step Up, Footloose does not have as much powerful dance scene but it's storyline is very heartening and it's a great movie to watch.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...